Love the Bedford Library and want to help but don’t know how?
Join the Friends of the Bedford Library!
We are like a fan club for the Bedford Library!
Who are the Friends of the Bedford Library and what do we do?
The Friends are a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that raises money to fund items on the Library’s wish list through membership and fundraisers (like our annual pie sale in November). We also host events like the Sunday Concerts and Cookies series held October through April. We are currently planning something new for the Fall!
Here are some of the items that the Friends have sponsored for the Library:
- Imaginative play toys in the Children's room (ex. Kitchen and accessories)
- New 3D Printer and filament
- Filament used by the previous MakerBot 3D printer
- Items for the Children’s Summer Reading program
- World Globe
- T-shirt for new staff members
- Volunteer thank you gifts
- Poinsettia decorations at the holidays
Becoming a member is easy!
- Fill out a membership form online or ask the front desk for a membership form!
- Pay your membership dues of just $15
Membership dues renew annually in June
Dues can be paid via cash, check (payable to: Friends of the Bedford Library), or Paypal
What do I “get” as a member?
- A Friends of the Bedford Library tote bag & Library Card Sticker
- Member only benefits at Friends hosted events
- Meet new people when volunteering at our events -- at some activities kids can help too!
- Input on new ideas for all ages at the library
- High School members can earn community service hours
Do I have to volunteer if I become a member?
Only if you want to! We have different time commitments for the different events that we do.
For more information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by one of our Board meetings, which are held at the Library in the New Hampshire Room on the first Tuesday of each month at 7:15 p.m. from September through May. (Meetings are currently being helped via zoom due to Covid-19)
President - Catherin Weeks
Vice President - OPEN (e-mail the Friends of the Bedford Library if interested in joining as an officer)
Secretary - Ann Edwards
Treasurer - Adair Heyl
Concert Coordinator - OPEN (e-mail the Friends of the Bedford Library if interested)
Director of Membership - Stephanie Williams
Director - OPEN (e-mail the Friends of the Bedford Library if interested in joining as an officer)