How it works
- Watch this video to find out how it works
- Place a request on a Bedford item by using the online catalog or by calling 472-2300.
- When you place your requests in the online catalog, choose your Pickup Library: Bedford Public Library (upper level) OR Bedford Children's Room (lower level)
- We will notify you when your item(s) is ready for pickup.
- When you arrive at the library and have parked in a parking spot, call 472-2300 for the upper level OR 792-1389 for the lower level. We will then check the item(s) out to you and place your item(s) on the table outside the main entrance. After the staff person has returned to the building, come to the table to pick up your items.
- If your child is participating in the Children’s Summer Reading Challenge, you may pick up necklaces, beads, and Take and Make crafts on either level. Please ask for them when you call to tell us that you’ve arrived.
- Read, enjoy, and return in the outdoor bookdrop. Please note that items are checked in after a 72 hour quarantine.
Please be patient with us because we have limited staff in the building. Please recognize that we may not be able to fill all requests on the same day due to high demand. We’re happy to help you select something to read. Please visit our website, call 472-2300, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for suggestions. If you would like to learn how to use the online catalog to place requests, please watch this video.
If you are unable to leave the house, but would like to request library materials, please call 472-2300 or email email@example.com to learn about Library-by-Mail options.