The Bedford Public Library Foundation was founded in 1993 to support the Bedford Public Library. It is a non-profit organization created by a group of Bedford citizens as a way to raise money from within our community to support non-budget items for the Library. This extra funding enriches our Library and enables it to continue to be a vital, vibrant, up-to-date community center for all ages.
The Bedford Library Foundation was instrumental in raising the funds to move forward with building a new library. Our current, beautiful library building was completed in June of 1996.
Each year, The Foundation sponsors a festive wine and cheese Gala in the fall featuring a New England author. In the spring, we conduct a town-wide Annual Fund appeal.
If you would prefer to mail a donation, it can be sent to the Bedford Library Foundation c/o the library at 3 Meetinghouse Rd, Bedford, NH 03110
For more information on the Bedford Library Foundation or if you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Through generous contributions from residents like you, in the past year alone we have been able to enhance our Library with the purchase of the following special items:
- Audio Visual upgrades to McAllaster Room: new LCD projector and lighting controls
- Printing Library Reference brochure
- Playaway audiobooks in mp3 format
- e-Book collection
- DVD’s to supplement the collection
- Additional shelving for the Young Adult area
- Museum passes to 13 museums in New Hampshire and the Boston area
The Library Foundation, through it’s fundraising, sponsors:
- The Friends of the Library Sunday Concert Series
- The Children’s Summer Reading Program
Officers and Directors:
Katy Cutshall, Chair
Sue Dell, Vice-Chair
Nancy Glennan, Secretary
Jerry Hanauer, Treasurer
Pamela Van Arsdale, Trustee, Chair
Miriam Johnson, Library Director